A Kirkland woman is facing charges after she allegedly injured a child she was disciplining, according to New York State Police.
Sharon Becker, 48, was arrested around 8:43 a.m. Aug. 17 and charged with the misdemeanors of third-degree assault and endangering the welfare of a child.
Police say Becker was arrested after a child she was caring for sustained a physical injury while being disciplined on Aug. 8.
Becker was arraigned in the town of Cortlandville, Cortland County, and released on her own recognizance pending a future court appearance.
Police say a full stay away order of protection was issued on behalf of the victim.
- Kirkland woman accused of injuring child while disciplining them
- Clark Mills woman critically injured in Kirkland crash
- New Hartford woman accused of stealing from Kirkland Arts Center
- Structure Fire Reported in Kirkland
- Case against Utica man accused in Kirkland fatal crash adjourned
- Rome teacher and teacher's assistant accused of excessive discipline
- Rome teacher, assistant on leave after excessive discipline accusation
- Rome teacher accused of excessively disciplining students found not guilty
- Kirkland woman asking dog owners to obey the law
- Cause of Kirkland fatal crash still unknown