NEW YORK (AP) - Don't expect to see "lady Doritos" on store shelves. The company that makes the cheesy chips says it's not developing a line of Doritos designed specifically for women - despite widespread online speculation that it was.
The phrase "lady Doritos" was trending on social media after PepsiCo Inc.'s longtime CEO Indra Nooyi said on a podcast that women don't like to lick their fingers after eating a bag of Doritos.
Nooyi, who has run the soda and snack company for more than a decade, later said the company is "getting ready to launch" snacks that are "designed and packaged differently" for women.
But PepsiCo said Tuesday that the interpretation of her comments to mean female-specific Doritos were in the works was "inaccurate."
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- "Lady Doritos"? It's not happening, PepsiCo says
- What happened?
- What happened with Saturday's Forecast
- Happening at the Uptown Theatre
- Drums Along the Mohawk Happening Tonight
- What's Happening Locally Today?: Family Fun Events
- What happened to Bambi the cat?
- List of college graduations happening locally
- Bavarian Festival happening this weekend in Marcy
- Capitolfest happening this weekend in Rome