The first lake effect event of the season is expected Sunday night into Monday. There are some new developments to pass along as of Sunday evening to help you plan for the morning commute.
The bands of snow will develop tonight along a 300 wind direction. This will impact Madison, Northern Chenango, and Otsego Counties. The heaviest snow is expected to fall tonight through early Monday.
The wind direction shifts to the west Monday morning, causing the band to shift northward. Some of the newest computer guidance brings the wind shift faster through the region, meaning the band will move pretty quickly. Here's a look at the snowfall forecast:
The lake effect event ends Monday evening, followed by a significant warm up by Tuesday.
- Lake effect snow for the Monday morning commute
- Early morning snow storm causes slippery commute
- First lake effect snow in the books
- Major lake effect snow for the Tug
- Lake effect snow squalls expected Saturday
- First big lake effect snow a miss for CNY
- Lake effect snow and arctic air on the way
- Tracking lake effect snow and the next clipper...
- Burst of snow tonight followed by lake effect
- Local snow emergencies in effect today