MONTOUR FALLS - Fire departments around the state are celebrating the graduation of 57 firefighters from the state’s training program.
The firefighters graduated Friday morning from the State Office of Fire Prevention and Control’s Academy of Fire Science in Montour Falls.
The group is the 75th Recruit Firefighter Training Program class, which is also the largest class since the program started in 1984.
The graduates represent 24 fire departments, including local firefighter Daniel Mabbett Jr. with the Herkimer Fire Department, who also serves as captain with the Mohawk Fire Department.
"These graduates join the more than 100,000 brave men and women serving in the fire departments across this great state who, with dedication and courage, respond to emergencies day and night to protect us all," said Gov. Andrew Cuomo in a news release. "I congratulate these New Yorkers on this significant accomplishment, and thank them for their commitment to public service."
The graduates will become full-time firefighters at departments around the state.The program is 11 weeks long, and includes more than 500 hours of intense training that exceeds the state’s minimum standards for firefighter personnel.
Graduates also receive national certification in Firefighter I, Firefighter II, and Hazardous Materials Operations.
The full list of graduates is below.
- Auburn Fire Department: Theodore Alnutt, Jr., Robert Gage
- Barnard Fire Department: James Boss
- Batavia Fire Department: Ryan Hinz
- Buffalo Niagara International Airport: Steven Kane, Mitchell D. Foster
- Corning Fire Department: Jeffrey Robinson, Christopher Willis
- Dewitt Fire District: Connor J. DuPree, James C. Peet II
- Elmira Fire Department: Gordon J. Austin, Chris W. Bernal, Tyler A. Crater, Jack T. Eagen, Mackenzie Fuller-Sincock, Logan D. Westervelt
- Fairview Dutchess: Christopher Hann, Kevin Schmitt
- Fishers Fire Department: Scott D. Brotherton, Matthew J. Picchi, David S. Sorrells, Donald S. VanScott
- Gates Fire Department: Kyle Viccaro, Nick Condidorio, Jim Yale, Dominick Bole
- Geneva Fire Department: Joseph D. Passalacqua
- Gloversville Fire Department: Phlander J. Hart
- Henrietta Fire District: Daniel Blair, Daniel Parrini, Jennifer Chapman, Michael Wagner
- Herkimer Fire Department: Daniel Mabbett Jr.
- Johnstown Fire Department: Schuyler P. Duross
- Kingston Fire Department: Nathaniel Gray, Kyle Jennings, Richard Quigley, Joseph Safford
- Lake Shore Fire Department: James Nesbitt, Kevin Colburn
- Lockport Fire Department: Timothy C. Lundquist, Corey P. Webster, Peter J. Burke, John W. Messer, Nicholas Kaszuba
- Niagara Falls Fire Department: Michael Daniels Jr., Peter DiFrancesco, Gifford Harris, Jason O'Toole
- North Tonawanda Fire Department: Jacob Polen
- Norwich Fire Department: Daniel Kerila
- Olean Fire Department: Alex Austin
- Oswego Fire Department: Jason Williams
- Village of Medina Fire Department: Brad Mahnke, Cody Doran, Steven Long, Tim Miller
- Largest class of recruits graduates from state fire academy
- 23 graduates complete Fire Protection Specialist Academy Class
- Rome Free Academy graduation
- 17 firefighters graduate from Utica Fire Academy
- 208 troopers graduate from NY State Police Academy
- 21 new firefighters graduate from Utica Fire Academy
- 29 new recruits begin training at Mohawk Valley Police Academy
- Sauquoit Valley class of 2018 graduates
- New Hartford class of 2018 graduates
- Students graduate from 'Citizen's Police Academy' at MVCC