Finally, some changes in our weather! It's been a very cloudy and cold start to December, without much snowfall. High temperatures have averaged in the 30s with a string of 8 cloudy days in a row finally being snapped.
Cold weather is going to take a break as we head into the end of the week. High pressure remains in control of our weather on Thursday, with highs in the mid 40s.
The next weather maker is low pressure driving in from the south. This is a "dreaded western runner", at least to snow lovers, as these storms typically produce mild and rainy weather. This one is no exception. High temperatures on Friday look to climb into the 40s, perhaps briefly in the low 50s. Steady rain is expected too, with totals between 0.5-1.0".
A flood watch is in effect for areas east and south of Utica. There could be enough snow melt to cause some minor issues, but we aren't expecting any major problems. We'll keep you posted.
- Late week meltdown...
- Mug Club: Late Kindergarten Registration Week
- Mug Club: Late Kindergarten Registration
- Last minute Valentine's: It's not too late
- Male shot in chest late Friday night
- Capitol Watch: Will state budget be late?
- One arrested in late night Utica incident
- Previewing the week ahead...
- Active Work Week
- Our snowy week continues...