MOHAW - Just before 8 p.m. on Saturday, crews were dispatched to the area of Route 5S and East Main Street in in Mohawk for a two-vehicle crash.
According to NEWSChannel 2 crews on scene, first responders had to use the jaws of life to get one person out of a vehicle, and the Ilion Fire Department was called in for a second set of jaws. The Mohawk Fire Department, Mohawk and Herkimer police departments, and MOVAC ambulance all responded to the scene.
The four victims involved in the crash were all transported to the hospital. There is no word yet on the extent of their injuries, and the crash is still under investigation.
- Law enforcement investigating crash on Route 5S in Mohawk
- TRAVEL ADVISORY: Lane closures for Route 5S
- UPDATE: State Route 5S reopened in German Flatts
- UPDATE: State Route 5S reopened between Herkimer, Little Falls
- Law enforcement investigating a drowning in Camden
- Law enforcement investigating homicide in Fort Plain
- Possible third tenant at 5S Business Park
- Travel advisory issued for Arterial, Route 5S in Utica on Wednesday
- New York State Department of Transportation give updates on Route 5S construction project
- Traffic alert: Expected lane closures on Route 5S Oriskany Street in Utica