MOHAW - Just before 8 p.m. on Saturday, crews were dispatched to the area of Route 5S and East Main Street in in Mohawk for a two-vehicle crash.
According to NEWSChannel 2 crews on scene, first responders had to use the jaws of life to get one person out of a vehicle, and the Ilion Fire Department was called in for a second set of jaws. The Mohawk Fire Department, Mohawk and Herkimer police departments, and MOVAC ambulance all responded to the scene.
The four victims involved in the crash were all transported to the hospital. There is no word yet on the extent of their injuries, and the crash is still under investigation.
- Law enforcement investigating crash on Route 5S in Mohawk
- Route 5S construction update
- TRAVEL ADVISORY: Lane closures for Route 5S
- Crash closed portion of Route 5S in Herkimer County
- UPDATE: State Route 5S reopened in German Flatts
- UPDATE: State Route 5S reopened between Herkimer, Little Falls
- Construction crews continue working on Route 5S project
- Law enforcement investigating homicide in Fort Plain
- Law enforcement investigating a drowning in Camden
- Travel advisory issued for Arterial, Route 5S in Utica on Wednesday