Lawyers for a woman who is suing former President Donald Trump say the U.S. Justice Department made a “wrong and dangerous” argument in seeking to defend him. E. Jean Carroll's lawyers wrote that in court papers filed late Friday. The Justice Department has been trying to make the United States, not Trump personally, the defendant in Carroll’s defamation lawsuit. She says he defamed her in denying her allegation that he raped her in the 1990s. The Associated Press does not identify people who say they have been sexually assaulted unless they come forward publicly, as Carroll has done.
Lawyers for a woman who is suing former President Donald Trump say the U.S. Justice Department made a “wrong and dangerous” argument.
Posted: Apr 17, 2021 9:55 AM
- Lawyers: DOJ defense in Trump defamation suit is 'dangerous'
- Trump defamation lawsuit
- Woman wins defamation suit against former Oneida County executive candidate
- Snowmobiles and bathing suits
- Shooting hoops for suits
- Trump lawyer threatens legal action against Bannon
- Gordon facing defamation lawsuit after claiming Picente had affair with former staffer
- Justin Bieber files $20 million defamation lawsuit against women who accused him of assault
- Attorney: Federal agents seize documents from Trump lawyer
- Special master says Trump lawyer probe data on schedule
Scroll for more content...