Lead-Free Mohawk Valley is recognizing June as National Healthy Home Month with tips for families to be safe and healthy.
The month-long celebration is centered around the theme of "growing up safe and healthy – five minutes to a healthy home."
Millions of homes have moderate to severe physical housing problems that can lead to health issues.
The HUD office of lead hazard control and healthy homes recommends keeping homes dry, safe, clean, pest-free, contaminant-free, well-maintained, ventilated, and at an adequate temperature.
Officials say it's important that everyone works together.
"Getting people to put down on paper – far less than what they achieve together,” said
Learn more about how you can make your home healthier and keep your family safe by completing the HUDs everyone deserves a safe and healthy home – room-by-room checklist.
- Lead-Free Mohawk Valley gives families healthy living and safety tips
- Mohawk Valley Welcomes Veterans for Free Picnic
- Snowmobile Safety Tips
- Mohawk Valley recognizes Good Friday
- Overdosed in the Mohawk Valley: Q & A from live chat
- Rain leads to flooding across parts of the Mohawk Valley
- NY, especially the Mohawk Valley, leads nation in nonprofit jobs
- Mohawk Valley Latino Association holds annual gala
- Mohawk Valley Water Authority Talks Freezing Pipes
- Dangerous travel conditions in the Mohawk Valley