The New York state budget was signed, but what happens when it comes to legalizing recreational marijuana?
It wasn’t included in the $175.5 billion spending plan.
However, lawmakers did say they hope to take up that proposal before they adjourn for the session in June.
Area law enforcement came out against the plan to legalize the drug, citing several public safety issues.
- Legalizing pot not included in New York spending plan
- Should pot be legalized in New York?
- New York health officials urge caution on pot legalization
- Thorny questions threaten to slow legal pot in New York
- Repurposing pot-sniffing K9s if marijuana legalized
- NY governor's agenda includes recreational pot, subway fixes
- Golden state goes green: Legal pot sales soar
- NY Assemblyman says expunge marijuana convictions if pot is legal
- Report from NY health officials calls for pot legalization
- Picente tackling homelessness, hospital, opioids, pot legalization in 2019