New York State Police are investigating a fatal farming accident that occurred in Lewis County on Sunday morning.
Police say around 8 a.m. Sunday, 32-year-old Ryan Ouellette of Lowville was operating a large integrity manure separator in a building at Marks Dairy Farms, located at 6314 Cannon Rd. in Lowville. Police say his head became trapped by the roller inside the machine, and it’s unknown how this happened.
Ouellette was located about 20-30 minutes later by a coworker. Lewis County Search and Rescue transported Ouellette to SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse where he died of his injuries.
Police say the investigation is continuing.
- Lewis County man killed in farming accident
- Man dies in Lewis County snowmobile accident
- Stabbing at Lewis County farm, arrest made
- UPDATE: Police identify Lowville woman killed in Lewis County crash
- Several cows killed in Lewis County barn fire
- Lewis County man accused of raping 17-year-old girl
- Boonville man facing multiple charges after Lewis County domestic call
- Lewis county man faces weapons charges after unscheduled probation check
- Lewis County man allegedly pulls knives on family member
- Lewis County woman charged with rape