Lewis, N.,Y. - Lewis County Sheriff's officials say 59-year-old Deforest Flansburg of Lewis is facing weapons charges after probation officers stopped by his home for an unscheduled visit.
Sheriff's officials didn't say what Flansburg was on parole for, only that it was for a felony conviction.
Probations officers say they found Flansburg to be in possession of five rifles, one shotgun and two muzzle loaders.
Sheriff's officials say under his probation, Flansburg is not supposed to possess any of these types of weapons after being convicted of a felony.
Flansburg was released on an appearance ticket.
- Lewis county man faces weapons charges after unscheduled probation check
- Boonville man facing multiple charges after Lewis County domestic call
- 2 Utica residents facing drug, weapon charges
- Utica man facing list of drug and weapon charges
- Utica man facing list of drug, weapon charges
- Utica man facing drug, weapon charges following narcotics investigation
- Lewis County woman charged with rape
- Chenango County man facing drug, weapon charges after no-knock search
- Parolee facing several drug, weapon charges in Utica
- Lewis County man killed in farming accident