UTICA, N.Y. -- Councilwoman Samantha Colosimo Testa will not run for re-election in the 6th Ward of Utica, but a Republican candidate will be running for the seat.
Joseph Betrus announced his candidacy Tuesday.
He's a lifelong Utica resident and a committee person.
Betrus has also worked for Coca-Cola for 38 years, and touts his strong customer service and business relation skills.
He says his goal is to continue to move the city forward and work with community leaders to achieve the best for the people of the 6th Ward and the city of Utica.
- Lifetime Utica resident running for 6th Ward councilman seat
- Paying tribute to Utica Councilman Bill Phillips
- A Memory For a Lifetime
- New face on the Utica Common Council represents 5th Ward
- Former Utica councilman will continue term limits petition
- Utica Common Councilman dies after battle with cancer
- Funeral services announced for former Utica Councilman Bill Philips
- Former Utica councilman added to Wall of Fame
- Utica residents hear from candidates running for city offices
- Local Paralympian wins Sitrin lifetime achievement award