LITTLE FALLS- Seven families lost their homes on Wednesday after an explosion on West Main Street in Little Falls.
Stephen Cunningham and his partner moved to Little Falls last year, and can't live in their home anymore. They, along with the other families, have been staying at the Travelodge until they find a new place.
Cunningham told NEWSChannel 2 the hotel, McDonald's, the Red Cross and local churches made it possible for them to stay at the hotel for the next two weeks.
"The community has been great with the donations of clothes, asking if we need anything," said Cunningham. "People really seem to genuinely care about what happened," he added.
Cunningham and his partner are looking for a place to live, and they're also looking for their dog Bruno.
Link to victims GoFundMe pages:
https://www.gofundme.com/55lm2ww - brent & Stephen
https://www.gofundme.com/vf22u3-rebuild-our-home - Ian
https://www.gofundme.com/nv4wm8-house-fire-lost-everything - Jeanette's GoFundMe
- Little Falls explosion victims thanking community for their support
- Tenney, Brindisi meet with Little Falls explosion victims
- A local community says thank you
- Erin Hamlin thankful for family's support this Thanksgiving holiday
- Heart disease survivor, Alexis, thanks everyone for supporting her
- Yorkville fire victim on life support
- Support for flood victims continues in Dolgeville
- CMN Thanks Wendy's
- Community comes together to support local veteran
- Grandfather of Utica homicide victim: 'We are grateful for community's love, prayers, support'