Little Falls, N.Y. - The Little Falls Mounties girls soccer team is heading into relatively familiar territory.
For the second time in three years, the Mounties get set to take part in the New York State Class C semifinals coming up on Saturday.
At 19-2-0, Little Falls is ranked #2 in the state and will face #3 Wheatland-Chili on Saturday evening at 5:30 p.m. at Cortland High School.
The Mounties are coming off a 1-0 win over Unatego in the regional final last Saturday, where freshman Olivia Lindsay scored the game's lone goal.
Many of the seniors on the team have been to this point before, last getting to the state final four in 2016.
While they fell in the semifinals the last time around, the team says that they are confident that the knowledge gained by being there can benefit them this time out.
"The first time we went, we really didn't know what to expect," said head coach Sal Marchese. "It's a whole weekend, you have a banquet and then you're ready to play. If you win you stay for another game, if you lose you go home. It was exciting, but definitely experience is going to help us this time around."
For more on this story, click on the video above!
- Little Falls girls soccer drawing upon past state tournament experience
- 2017 Section III Girls Soccer Tournament
- Little Falls Girls Soccer Team headed to State Championships
- Little Falls girls soccer team eyes program's first state title
- 2017 Section III Boys Soccer Tournament
- Section III Girls Lacrosse Tournaments
- Holland Patent, Little Falls girls soccer come up short in state championships
- Holland Patent girls soccer confident heading into state semifinals
- 2017 Section III Girls Field Hockey Tournament
- 2018 Section III Girls Basketball Tournament