ROME – The Loaves and Fishes Outreach Center of Rome held a crawfish & music festival, Friday, to raise money for a new location.
The festival had a Louisiana crawfish theme. There was live entertainment, street performers, and even children's activities.
The festival served as a fundraiser to kick off their campaign to raise $100,000 in hopes of finding a new location. Organizers say they're in need of a location that fits the needs of their soup kitchen and other services that they offer. One that would allow them to help more people than ever before.
“Today we are bringing some of the southern down south culture up here to Rome, NY,” Loaves and Fishes Executive Director Anthony DeJean said. “Our vision is to continuously help those that live in the city. We are currently without a building because the landlords of this property here have decided to go in a different direction."
Loaves and fishes is an organization that aims to feed those who are hungry in the Oneida County area. Some of their other services include programs that help the homeless, elderly, and children.
Loaves and fishes will be holding a barbecue fundraiser Saturday at the Honor America Days parade in Rome.
- Loaves and Fishes of Rome hold crawfish festival fundraiser
- Mug Club: Rome Catholic Festival
- Rome Catholic School holds annual festival at MVCC
- Brindisi holds fundraiser at Chesterfield
- Greenscapes holds breast cancer fundraiser
- Frankfort holds 7th annual youth fishing derby
- RCIL holds fundraiser to help local seniors
- Local cheerleaders hold fundraiser for competition
- Rome police to hold Civilian Police Academy
- Mug Club: Rome Bellamy Elem. Barnes & Noble Fundraiser