UTICA - Local musican and doctor Tony Mandour hosted an event last month to raise money for the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals at Mohawk Valley Health System.
The event,titled "Dynamic Duos & Tony's Picks: A Musical Review" was held at the Kirkland Art Center in Clinton and raised $2,200 for this special cause.
The Mandours have organized fundraisers for children's health initiatives for more than 18 years.
"We love knowing that every dollar donated stays right here in our community, helping local kids," Dr. Mandour said.
The MVHS Foundation is a member of CMN Hospitals, a non-profit organization that raises funds for more than 170 children's hospitals worldwide. Donations to their local CMN Hospitals create miracles by funding programs, services, equipment and education that save and improve the lives of more than 18,000 local children, every year.
"We are so grateful to Dr. Mandour and his wife, Carol, for putting together this special event to benefit CMN Hospitals at MVHS," MVHS CMN coordinator Andrea McDiarmaid said in a statement.
- Local musician raises $2,200 for Children's Miracle Network
- Children's Miracle Network Thanks Confidata
- Children's Miracle Network Thanks YOU!
- Children's Miracle Network Thanks Stewart's Shops
- Local Children's Miracle Network Hospitals receives van donation
- Utica National's 'Duck Days' supports the Children's Miracle Network
- Oriskany woman wins $100,000 Children's Miracle Network drawing
- Tickets still available for Children's Miracle Network $100,000 drawing
- Local musician appears on Rachael Ray
- NASA discovered a black spot on Jupiter 2,200 miles long