Little Falls native Donald Staffo grew up a Syracuse sports fan. He took that passion and wrote about the historic program and the rise of legendary coach Jim Boeheim.
Staffo has been touring the Mohawk Valley, including his hometown of Little Falls and BBG's in Yorkville doing advanced book signings.
His book "Jim Boeheim and Syracuse Basketball: In the Zone" provides an inside look at how Boeheim became the face of SU basketball and really one of the greatest college coaches of all time.
It includes unforgettable moments like the Orange's championship win over Kansas in 2003.
The forward is written by Syracuse basketball great and NBA Hall of Famer Dave Bing and analyst Dick Vitale said its a must read for Cuse fans.
Staffo said after eight years writing this book, the support has been amazing.
"Every single signing I've done, people have purchased the book before the signing time starts, including tonight," said Staffo. "I tell ya, I want the Utica people to know this. Utica has treated me great. Great publicity. I couldn't ask for more."
- Local author returns to Mohawk Valley for book signings
- Mohawk Valley Water Authority Talks Freezing Pipes
- Mohawk Valley Water Authority warns customers of December equipment malfunction
- Mug Club: Mohawk Valley Reading Council Author Talk
- Mohawk Valley recognizes Good Friday
- Will President Trump return to Mohawk Valley before Election Day?
- Overdosed in the Mohawk Valley: Local agencies to call
- Mohawk Valley Edge honors 6 local companies at award ceremony
- NewsTalk: Beth Irons, local author talk books, cookies
- Local author writes book about mother's struggle with dementia