NEW HARTFORD, NY - Tis the season to stuff the bus.
Members of Boy Scout Troop 111 from Whitesboro were at Toys”R”Us on Commercial Drive Saturday to do just that.
They were accepting new, unwrapped toys from shoppers as they left the toy store and stuffing the bus so less fortunate families can have a Merry Christmas this year.
This is something the scouts have been helping out with over the past few years.
Assistant Scout Master Vickie Ford says they really look forward to helping and seeing the reactions of people as they drop off their gifts.
“I think the people that are coming out of the stores to donate, it kind of fills their hearts helping other people out. For the people who will be receiving the gifts, I’m sure it’s gotta be a great feeling knowing that they’re going to give a Christmas to their children.”
Since the Stuff the Bus campaign began, over 100,000 toys have been collected. Each one of those toys have gone to children locally who might not have had a Merry Christmas without them.
- Local boy scouts help "Stuff the Bus"
- Stuff the Bus schedule
- Stuff the Bus Hand off
- Stuff the Bus continues to give back
- 37 Stuff the Bus charities chosen
- Donation Day for Stuff the Bus
- It's time to Stuff the Bus
- Stuff the Bus in full swing this holiday season
- Stuff the Bus at New Hartford Shopping Center
- Utica students show off dance moves as Stuff the Bus school challenge winners