UTICA, NY – The Utica Bulldogs varsity and junior peewee cheerleaders recently competed in the Tri-Valley cheerleading competition at MVCC, where they placed first in their division.
Now they have a chance to compete in New Jersey and possibly even Disney cheering competitions.
To help them get there they held a fish fry and fried chicken dinner Saturday, at the Hope Chapel AME Zion Church in Utica.
Kimberly Mathis, one of the coaches for the cheerleaders, says the girls have worked very hard to get where they are.
“We’ve had a hard time. We have difficult times trying to find places to practice and everything. So to be able to have somewhere to go, and something to do is amazing.”
The junior peewee squad is scheduled to compete in New Jersey on November 9th.
- Local cheerleaders hold fundraiser for competition
- Marcy-Deerfield cheerleaders heading to national competition
- RCIL holds fundraiser to help local seniors
- Brindisi holds fundraiser at Chesterfield
- Greenscapes holds breast cancer fundraiser
- Mug Club: Whitesboro Cheerleading's Fall Craft Extravaganza
- Kuyahoora Cheerleading Squad are National Champions
- Kuyahoora Cougars cheerleading team is headed to nationals
- Local women artists and business owners reject competition, embrace collaboration
- Local robotics team gears up for national competition