UTICA- Tabernacle Baptist Church celebrated 200 years of ministry over the weekend.
The church invited the community to celebrate with an open house, live music, a reunion service, and several other events.
Tabernacle traces its roots back to the early 1800's and is known to attract people from all over the world.
Reverend Debbie Kelsey says this 200 year milestone is something to be proud of. "To reach 200 years especially in our day when so many churches are declining is really exciting." She said it really points out the vitality of the congregation.
The congregation will have a worship servicer at 10 a.m. on Sunday, followed by a lunch.
- Local church celebrates 200 years
- Historic Old St. John's Church celebrates 200 year anniversary
- Local church welcomes new pastor
- Westminster Presbyterian Church Celebrates Palm Sunday
- Local Veterans Day Celebration Events
- Delmonico's celebrates the new year
- Frankfort Kiwanis celebrating 90 years
- West Schuyler United Methodist Church Celebrates 50 years on Wood Lane
- Local churches encourage caution during flu season
- Local church holds active shooter training session