NEW HARTFORD, N.Y.-- The new Star Wars movie may be called 'The Last Jedi,' but Thursday night wasn't the first time local fans packed the theaters for the franchise.
Fans of all ages came to both the 7:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. showings at Marquee Cinema, and many shared why the films continue to captivate them.
"It's a classic," Maria Brooks, a Star Wars fan said. "R2D2 and C3PO, those were my favorite characters, but I was ten, so of course they're going to be my favorite characters."
Brooks and her husband Tyson have been fans of the franchise since childhood, and passed the tradition to their own child.
"It's across many generations, so we're here with our son," Tyson said. "It's good stuff. It was great and I've seen all of them and I've seen all of them on the first night they came out."
"You know, just being able to hand down stories, people love it," Dan Caiola, another moviegoer said. "You know, if you're a kid and you remember watching these, and then hand that to your kids."
"I've seen all of them, but this is the first time I've seen a movie on premiere night," Jeremy Pearlman, an 11-year-old fan said. "It's hard to describe, just the setting they have it in and the way that they write it, it's just amazing."
- Local fans pack theaters for 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' premiere
- Fans of all ages fill theaters for Marvel film premiere
- Fans pack the streets in Cooperstown for the Parade of Legends
- Mug Club: LIFT Theater Podcast
- Improvements at the Marquee Theater
- Bomb threat at Premier Aviation in Rome
- Premiere of ‘A Quiet Place’ shhhh
- Griffo secures state funding for local theater, art museum repairs
- Disneyland to sell alcohol at Star Wars attraction
- Movie-goers react to premiere of 'A Quiet Place'