A local licensed practical nurse is facing charges after he allegedly stole narcotics from the rehab facility where he worked, according to the New Hartford Police Department.
Police say on July 30, they were called to a local rehabilitation facility for a report of missing narcotics. The complaint said that numerous narcotic medicines that are prescribed to residents of the facility were missing.
Police say during their investigation, 34-year-old Jonathan Hosford of Richfield Springs was developed as a suspect. He was working as a licensed practical nurse at the facility during the time of the thefts, according to police.
Police say they also found that Hosford was practicing with an expired certification for about one month.
Hosford was arrested and charged with the following:
- Petit larceny (Misdemeanor)
- Seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance (Misdemeanor)
- First-degree falsifying business records (Felony)
- Fifth-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance (Felony)
- Unauthorized practice of a profession (Felony)
Hosford was arraigned in the Town of New Hartford Court and released on his own recognizance.
The New York State Bureau of Narcotics and the state Attorney General’s Office assisted New Hartford police with the investigation.