MADISON, NY – Most people cook with Rachael Ray cookware on the stove.
Not Terry Johnson. He cooks with it on stage with his band The Swamp Drivers.
This unique band makes their own instruments out of some very unusual items.
A toilet seat for a bass guitar, garbage cans for drums, and yes even a Rachael Ray frying pan for a guitar.
Ray heard of the alternative use of her cookware and invited Johnson to appear on her show.
“Probably one of the coolest, scariest, things I’ve ever done” says Johnson.
“My son asked me when we got there if I was nervous. I said no. I’ve been on WKTV a few times, opened up for a lot of people, stuff like that. When you go on a national show it’s a little different. You know you’re in back and the first time I see Rachael Ray walk by and I’m like (gasp) that’s Rachael Ray.”
Johnson performed with The Swamp Drivers at the Hotel Solsville on Sunday, but you can catch him on the Rachael Ray show Monday at 11 am on WKTV.
- Local musician appears on Rachael Ray
- GTD 2018: Rachael Olson
- Rachael Ray gives Utica a shout out with 'Chicken Riggies with Greens' recipe
- VIDEO: Local musicians record 'Do They Know It's Christmas'
- Local musicians help one of their own battling cancer
- Local musician raises $2,200 for Children's Miracle Network
- Local musician wants to give Utica students the gift of music
- Area musicians band together to help one of their own
- Utica College mourns the loss of Ray Simon
- No joke: Wintery weather in NY; Rays-Yankees game postponed