UTICA, N.Y. – The Integrated Community Alternatives Network (ICAN) posted a live performance by Justin Smithson and Shawn Smith from the band Poor Tim Wednesday afternoon to provide a form of entertainment during a time when people can’t attend local concerts.
Smithson says music has proven to get society through trying times.
"I think music has always been helping us through hard times. I can go all the way back to when I was a kid and we were going through Desert Storm and they did that voices that care. All the musicians come together," said Smithson.
Many artists have taken to social media to perform for fans during a time when many national and international tours have been postponed or canceled.
- Local musicians give virtual performance to provide entertainment to those self-isolating
- Local musician appears on Rachael Ray
- Local musician wants to give Utica students the gift of music
- VIDEO: Local musicians record 'Do They Know It's Christmas'
- Local musicians help one of their own battling cancer
- Local musician raises $2,200 for Children's Miracle Network
- Entertainment for your Thanksgiving food coma
- Yellow Brick Road Casino completes entertainment expansion
- Local refugee performs with Levitt Amp headliner
- NewsTalk: Local illusionist performing at MVCC