CLAYVILLE, NY – Some of the area’s finest musicians got together in Clayville Sunday to help out one of their own.
Skip Blanchard, a popular local musician from Sauquoit, is currently battling bladder cancer.
Family, friends, even complete strangers made their way to Tillys Clover for an afternoon of music and food.
There were also raffles and a Chinese auction.
All to benefit Skip.
“You get a lot of support in these small towns. I’ve got a lot of good friends” said Blanchard.
Edie Blanchard, Skip’s wife agreed.
“Everybody has been above and beyond what I could have imagined. The community support, our friends support, is incredible. It’s overwhelming.”
- Local musicians help one of their own battling cancer
- Local musician appears on Rachael Ray
- Benefit for Desiree Sotelo, local military vet battling cancer
- VIDEO: Local musicians record 'Do They Know It's Christmas'
- Clinton community comes together to support local woman battling breast cancer
- NY State Police Investigator dies following battle with cancer
- Marine veteran battling cancer reunited with K9 partner
- Waterville community shows support for editor battling breast cancer
- Utica Common Councilman dies after battle with cancer
- Area musicians band together to help one of their own