A list of local law enforcement officers were awarded Thursday for their dedication to the Oneida County STOP-DWI mission.
The 24th annual Oneida County STOP-DWI Recognition Breakfast was held at Mohawk Valley Community College in Utica, and it was sponsored by the Oneida County Sheriff’s Law Enforcement Foundation. The event is meant to honor local officers and police agencies for their commitment to stopping DWIs in Oneida County.
“This event is a small way for us to show our thanks, not only for what our local law enforcement members do for our STOP-DWI efforts, but for all they do for our community,” said Oneida County STOP-DWI Coordinator Thomas Giruzzi in a news release.
The list of local officers and agencies awarded Wednesday morning includes:
Joseph D. Corr Memorial Award (awarded to individual officers for outstanding DWI enforcement efforts)
- Kirkland Police Officer Christopher Gregory
- New Hartford Police Officer Annemarie Brelinsky
- New York Mills Officer Guy Danella
- New York State Police Trooper Brendon Lalor
- Oneida County Sheriff’s Office Deputy Aaron Silverman
- Rome Police Officer Hollie Kennedy
- Whitestown Police Officer David Humphries
- Whitesboro Police Officer Mitchell Grogan
- Utica Police Officer Aaron Donaldson
- Yorkville Police Officer Austin Szkotak
William M. Weber Memorial Award for Excellence in Crash Reconstruction
- New York State Police Investigator Brett Yorgey
Perpetual Agency Award
- Oneida County Probation Department
Outstanding Law Officer in the Oneida County Probation Department
- Probation Officer Tracy Hemming
Michael C. Austin Community Service Award
- Awarded posthumously to retired New York Mills Police Chief and former Whitestown Police Officer Bradley Frankland for his commitment to the organization and oversight of the New York Mills High School after prom party. This would have been the 20th consecutive year organizing the event for Frankland, who passed away in September 2017. His family will continue his efforts.
- Local police officers, agencies awarded by STOP-DWI Program
- Utica police officer charged with DWI
- Oneida County STOP DWI coordinator fired following DWI-Drugs arrest
- Oneida County STOP-DWI program thanks local law enforcement at annual breakfast
- DWI crackdown: State police conducting traffic patrols
- Traffic stop leads to aggravated DWI charge for Rome man
- NY authorities to stage STOP-DWI campaign for Super Bowl
- Arrest warrant issued for former Oneida County STOP DWI coordinator
- Former Oneida County STOP DWI coordinator back in court
- State police issue 11,480 tickets during 4th of July STOP-DWI campaign