ROME, NY – It was a night to shine for some very special people Saturday night.
Over 200 special needs individuals got to attend the prom at MVCC’s Rome campus.
Every guest was crowned king or queen as they walked down the red carpet, before enjoying a night of dinner and dancing.
A Night to Shine is sponsored by the Tim Tebow Foundation and according to Steve Clark, the executive director of the Delta Lake Bible Conference Center, gives individuals who might not ordinarily be able to experience a prom.
“Everything is about the guests. Everything is about the kings and the queens. Whether it’s about the crowns that they get, the flowers that they get, hearing their names announced as they walk down the red carpet, to the dance and the food. Every part about the night is about them.”
- 'Night to Shine' prom night at MVCC
- Local prom gives some very special people a night to shine
- NewsTalk: Night to Shine prom for those with special needs
- Night to Shine in Rome
- HSN shines spotlight on local community
- Local retailer shares tips for avoiding counterfeit prom dresses this prom season
- What you missed in PyeongChang last night: Mikaela Shiffrin shines
- Red carpet treatment shines light on local elementary students
- Mug Club: 6th Annual CNY Mom Prom
- What you missed in PyeongChang last night: 'Shib sibs' shine, U.S. men advance