UTICA, N.Y. – Local Rescue Missions are still looking for donations to help those in need this Thanksgiving.
The Utica Rescue Mission will be accepting Thanksgiving donations through Tuesday for its annual holiday dinner.
The dinner will take place on Thanksgiving Day, directly after an 11 a.m. worship service, at the Mary Clark Dining Room, 201 Rutger St.
Turkeys, pies and stuffing are still on the list of necessary items.
Those who cannot attend, but are still in need of a Thanksgiving food basket, can call 315-735-1645 by Tuesday to schedule a delivery.
The Rome Rescue Mission will also be holding its annual Thanksgiving Basket & Banquest this year, and is in need of food donations.
Food items needed include turkeys, stuffing, cranberry sauce, white potatoes, sweet potatoes, dinner rolls, vegetables, corn, green beans, coffee, hot cocoa, creamer, sugar, milk, juice, eggs, bacon, sausage, fruit, salad items, mayonnaise, salt, pepper, pies and desserts.
They’re also looking for snacks like dips, chips, cheese, crackers, nuts, candy.
To-go containers and gallon-size freezer zip lock bags are also needed.
Donations are being accepted Monday – Friday at 413 East Dominick St. from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Continental breakfast will be from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m., with a prayer service at 1:30 p.m. followed by dinner at 2 p.m.
- Local Rescue Missions still accepting Thanksgiving donations
- NEWSTALK: Utica Rescue Mission Thanksgiving
- Newstalk: Utica Rescue Mission Donations
- Rome Rescue Mission continues Thanksgiving Dinner tradition
- Rome Rescue Mission looking for backpack donations
- Need for donations at local rescue missions after holidays
- Rescue Mission goals
- Utica Rescue Mission serves record number of Thanksgiving meals
- Utica, Rome rescue missions celebrate Thanksgiving with those in need
- Rome Rescue Mission extends signups for Thanksgiving baskets