NEW HARTFORD,NY-- Hundreds flooded local department stores, electronic shops and other businesses searching for great deals and deep discounts on Black Friday in New Hartford.
"It's been hectic, crazy lines,but we really enjoy it," said Ashley Highers, who was shopping with her son and daughter. "So we take turns in the lines."
"It has been phenomenal," said Mary Claire Clark, department supervisor at JCPenney. "The customers have been wonderful, they've been having a lot of fun. Actually Black Friday started for us yesterday, at 2 o'clock we had a line wrapped around the building, it was just a lot of fun here."
Many people shop to find big discounts, but some say Black Friday is a family tradition.
"I've always gone out with my mom, my grandmother, my sister all my life growing up," said Megan Gillander, of Oneida, who was shopping with her sister-in-law. "I do enjoy catching the deal but it's nice to have someone come with me. I moved away from my family, so it's nice to be able to have someone carry on the tradition with me. It's just a nice chance to be we both have young children so our chance to kind a get out and do something together."
- Local shoppers take on Black Friday in New Hartford area
- Local Shoppers get in on the Black Friday deals
- New Hartford Police : Shoppers...bring your patience
- Black Friday shoppers cashing in on the deals
- Black Friday Evolves
- Black Friday store hours
- Small Business Saturday draws shoppers to the New Hartford Shopping Center
- New Hartford seniors honor local first responders
- Shoppers flood local grocery stores ahead of winter storm
- Shoppers scrambling to finish their Christmas shopping