ROME – Students and veterans bridged the generation gap with gratitude and honor at Stokes Elementary School in Rome today.
Roughly 60 local veterans visited the school to celebrate with their children, grandchildren, nieces and nephews at the school’s Veterans Day ceremony.
“We want to teach our children at a very young age what Veterans Day is and what an honor it is to recognize all of the veterans who have served our country,” said Karen Miller, principal of Stokes Elementary School.
The ceremony today began with a breakfast and went on to include a school-wide singalong.
- Local vets visit Stokes Elementary School for Veterans Day ceremony
- Fort Stanwix Veterans Day Ceremony
- Harlem Globetrotter visits New Hartford elementary school
- Local Veterans Day Celebration Events
- Vietnam veterans honored at Parkway Center ceremony
- Ceremony at Veterans Memorial Park in Rome
- Local WWII vet celebrates 100th birthday
- Forest Hill Cemetery holds wreath laying ceremony for fallen veterans
- New and improved Kernan Elementary School ready for first day