FRANKFORT -- Hundreds of people came out to a local fish fry to kick off the first Friday of lent.
The event happened at 'Our Lady Queen of Apostle' church in Frankfort.
People were there enjoying food and gift raffles.
Cub scouts came out to sell baked goods.
Gina Janis, the event organizer, says this is her tenth annual fish fry fundraiser.
"It's a good way for the community to come together," Janis said. "So many local restaurants have been so generous and donated so much of our supplies and items for raffle. We really like to give back to the community whenever we can."
The event serves as a fundraiser for the Boy Scouts' summer camp.
- Locals celebrate Lent with annual fish fry
- Local fish fry cancellations
- Mug Club: 40 & 8 Fish Frys
- What's your favorite fish fry spot in the Mohawk Valley?
- Frankfort holds 7th annual youth fishing derby
- We asked, you answered: Now vote for the No. 1 fish fry in the Mohawk Valley
- Results are in! Top 15 spots to 'catch' a fish fry in the Mohawk Valley
- Hinckley Lake hosts 5th Annual Ice Fishing Derby
- Cooperstown celebrates 6th Annual Spring Fling
- CNY Youth Fishing Educators teamed up with Sitrin Health Care Center for annual fishing derby