NEW YORK MILLS – “Lollipop Lane,” otherwise known as Main Street in New York Mills, is once again offering runners and walkers a little pick-me-up this morning during the America’s Greatest Heart Run and Walk.
Two volunteers, Patty and Debbie, have been offering lollipops along the Heart Run and Walk course for 18 years.
“We hand out lollipops to everyone who’s doing a great job for the Heart Run,” one of the ‘Lollipop Ladies’ said.
“It’s exciting; it’s a lot of fun. It’s gotten so we know a lot of the people because we’ve been out here for 18 years, so it’s very enjoyable and I give them a lot of credit for doing it.”
The last of the runners have made their way through now, and the walkers will be arriving shortly.
- 'Lollipop Lane' offers runners, walkers a pick-me-up in New York Mills
- Walkers brave Heartbreak Hill in New York Mills
- Runners and Walkers raise $23,000 in Rome
- New York Mills celebrates Polish heritage
- Water Main break in New York Mills
- Increased patrols at New York Mills School
- Keeping the runners and walkers safe is key during Heart Weekend
- Local runners, law enforcement talk runners safety
- Multiple shots fired at Twin Ponds in New York Mills
- UPDATE: Missing New York Mills man found safe