Longtime local high school coach Tim Clive died Saturday at age 71.
Clive, who coached girls soccer and basketball for Sauquoit Valley Central School, was involved with coaching and officiating for more than 47 years. His girls soccer teams were a force, winning section titles and having a few teams make it as far as the state finals.
Photo of Tim Clive courtesy of his obituary
Clive’s girls basketball teams also won section titles, but he would be the first to say it wasn’t his coaching, it was his players.
Clive was born in Utica and was a graduate of Waterville High School. He continued his education at Mohawk Valley Community College, where he played basketball and still holds the record for the most points scored in one game during the pre-3-point era, according to his obituary.
Clive was also a substitute teacher in the Sauquoit Valley Central School District.
Calling hours will be from 3-7 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 21 at the Smith Funeral Home, located at 3022 Oneida St. in Sauquoit.
A funeral mass will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 22 at St. Patrick-St. Anthony’s Catholic Church, located at 3372 Oneida St. in Chadwicks.
- Longtime Sauquoit Valley soccer, basketball coach dies at age 71
- Former ace, longtime pitching coach Stottlemyre dies at 77
- NewsTalk: Sauquoit Valley Fine Arts & Crafts Show
- Sauquoit Valley School investigates potential threats
- Sauquoit Valley class of 2018 graduates
- NewsTalk: Sauquoit Valley Drama Club to present 'Smile'
- Sauquoit Valley students participate in National Student Walk Out
- Mug Club: Sauquoit Valley Fine Arts & Crafts Show
- Sauquoit Valley senior elected as presidential scholar nominee
- Mug Club: Sauquoit Valley Drama Club presents, "The Little Mermaid"