A local business that supplied rides to county fairs, bazaars and field days for more than 54 years is no longer in business.
Hawkins Amusement Rides posted a notice to their Facebook page announcing the closure. The business cites the cost of operations and the difficulty finding good employees as the reason for the closure.
The company says that the events it services – such as the Lady of Lourdes Bazaar, the Floyd Field Days and Rome Canal Fest – will be receiving a letter from the company announcing the official closure, and providing a list of other ride companies that they can contact.
There is no word yet on what will happen with all of the rides.
“Thank you all for your years of support,” a portion of the Facebook notice said. “You will all be missed more than you know. It's sad but time to make Hawkins Amusement Rides a memory.”
- Longtime ride supplier Hawkins Amusement Rides closes business
- Bike ride for Nancy
- Nice weather for first Ride for Missing Children Commitment Ride
- Mug Club: Escorted Motorcycle Ride
- Ride for Missing Children to hold commitment rides in October for 2019 CNY Ride
- Ride for Missing Children Deadline Approaching
- Ride For Missing Children kicks off
- Photo gallery: Ride for Missing Children 2018
- Brotherhood Ride Brings Out Dozens of Bikers
- Ride a Horse Support a Veteran