BARNEVELD, N.Y. – A local firefighter/EMT got the surprise of her lifetime when her boyfriend, a fire lieutenant, also with the Barneveld Fire Department, asked for her hand in marriage.
The fire department posted the happy news on their Facebook page.
Monday night, crews put together a “special training drill” to help Lieutenant Kelby Ueltschi propose to his girlfriend, Becca Pelletier.
In the video, you can not only see the shock on her face, but she dropped to the ground in awe of the proposal.
They even got crafty with the equipment, writing “will you marry me” and the date on a fire hose that the team held while he got down on one knee.
The department posted that they are all a big family, and were happy to assist in the proposal.
Good news is, Becca said “yes,” and wedding bells will be ringing in the happy couple's future.
Congratulations, from WKTV!
- Love story ignites at Barneveld Fire Dept. after surprise marriage proposal
- 30K Heart Run kicks off in Barneveld
- Unity Halloween held in Barneveld Sunday
- Barneveld residents may experience water issues during hydrant flushing
- Man rescues woman from burning car in Barneveld
- Heart Run: 30K runners start early in Barneveld
- Pit bull post ignites Facebook firestorm
- Mug Club: Maynard Fire Dept. Chicken BBQ
- Traffic stop leads to surprise proposal in Rome
- Barneveld contractor arrested on grand larceny and scheme to defraud charges