UTICA, N.Y. -- A longtime radio DJ is remembered locally following news that he died unexpectedly.
Local radio personalities and longtime listeners are remembering Jim Reitz Monday. But they, and listeners-knew him as 'JR.’
He died unexpectedly Monday morning.
JR was working at WBSM and most recently WPLM in Massachusetts, but he grew up in upstate New York.
People may know his voice from Rock 107, where he was program director and an on-air personality. And also, from Lite 98-7.
Others remember JR fondly as a co-worker, and former boss.
He was just 66 years old.
No other information on his death has come out yet.
- Loved ones, listeners remember longtime radio DJ after unexpected death
- Local DJ passes away
- Local DJ Matt Herkimer to retire after 51 years in radio
- Marking the way: Utica employees remember longtime city sign foreman
- Unexpected reunion 63 years in the making
- Loved ones, community remember Utica double homicide victim
- The Sneaker Store sold to longtime employee
- Local radio club helps Florence victims
- Local Ham Radio club holds informational meeting
- Producer and DJ known as Avicii has been found dead