A Lowville man is facing charges related to a 2017 incident in which he allegedly broke a child’s leg, according to the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office.
Jacob Gearhart, 25, was arrested May 18 on a sealed indictment from Lewis County Court. He's charged with felony second-degree assault and misdemeanor endangering the welfare of a child.
Deputies say on June 8, 2017, a 5-year-old child was in Gearhart’s care at a home on Fuller Road in Denmark, Lewis County, when Gearhart allegedly intentionally injured the child, resulting in a fractured femur bone.
Gearhart’s bail was set at $5,000, and he was then sent to the Jefferson County Jail where he’s being held on unrelated charges.
Deputies say the Child Advocacy Center of Northern NY and Upstate Golisano Children’s Hospital assisted with the investigation.
- Lowville man accused of breaking child's leg last year
- Lowville man accused of sexually abusing 14-year old
- Lowville man accused of sexual contact with minor
- Lowville house destroyed by fire
- Garage destroyed by fire in Lowville
- Fatal fire in Lowville under investigation
- Movin' Mondays: Alphabet Legs
- UPDATE: Police identify Lowville woman killed in Lewis County crash
- Gun policy forum and community conversation in Lowville
- Lowville school district, local law enforcement investigating possible threat