UTICA – A woman wanted on a drug warrant in Oneida County has been arrested with the help of a Mohawk Valley Crime Stoppers tip, according to the Oneida County Sheriff’s Office.
Deputies say on March 27, a tip was received through the Mohawk Valley Crime Stoppers P3 app that 40-year-old Brieann Pomeroy was at a certain location in the city of Utica. Pomeroy was wanted on an Oneida County Drug Court warrant for seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance.
After communication between the person who sent the tip and the Oneida County Sheriff’s Office, members of the Sheriff’s Office’s Warrants Unit responded to the area that Pomeroy was believed to be.
Deputies say investigators saw Pomeroy answering the door of a residence for another person, and then she ran back inside. After entry was granted to the investigators, Pomeroy was found hiding in the basement between a sewer pipe and a wall, according to deputies.
Pomeroy was taken into custody and sent to the Oneida County Jail while she awaited arraignment.
- MV Crime Stoppers tip leads to arrest of woman wanted on drug charge
- Former head of MV Crime Stoppers facing charge in Montgomery Co. sheriff's race
- NewsTalk: Mohawk Valley Crime Stoppers basket drive and auction
- Brookfield Renewable invests $10K in Community Foundation for Lead-Free MV
- Police: Woman's kidnapping leads to big drug haul in Syracuse
- Search leads to drug charges for 3 Otsego County residents
- Traffic stop leads to drug charges for 2 Rome men
- Trenton traffic stop leads to drug charges for Poland man
- Early morning drug raid in Ilion leads to three arrests
- Raid on New Hartford home leads to drug arrest