UTICA, N.Y. – Mohawk Valley Health System (MVHS) and Gilbane Building Company, held an information session regarding construction of the new medical center in downtown Utica. Gilbane is the construction company managing the project build.
The session held was Wednesday, Sept. 25, from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. at Delta Hotels by Marriott Utica, 200 Genesee St., Utica.
The event gave contractors and professional service firms an opportunity to hear about the project and see the overview of construction. Speakers also discussed the process for contactor pre-qualification.
The new hospital is expected to be ten stories high and 702,000 square-feet.
Services in the new facility will include:
- Emergency Services, Trauma Services, Radiology and Clinical Laboratory Services
- Surgical Innovation Center (operation rooms), robotic surgery, cardiac catheterization and interventions, electrophysiology labs, Interventional Radiology and Endoscopy
- Critical and Intensive Care
- Maternity and Special Care Nursery
- Intermediate Care
- Medical/Surgical Services
- Behavioral Health