UTICA – The Mohawk Valley Health System is beginning its search for a new CEO as the current president and CEO plans to retire in 2019, MVHS officials announced today.
MVHS President and CEO Scott Perra plans to retire on June 30, 2019, and the MVHS Board of Directors has already formed a search committee to begin the recruitment process for a new CEO.
Perra was appointed president and CEO of MVHS in March 2014, when Faxton St. Luke’s Healthcare and St. Elizabeth Medical Center merged to form the Mohawk Valley Health System.
Back in 1985, Perra joined what was then known as the St. Luke’s-Memorial Hospital Center (SLMHC), and he became executive vice president and COO in 1989, a position he continued serving in when Faxton Hospital and SLMHC consolidated in 1998 to form Faxton St. Luke’s Healthcare. In 2009, Perra was appointed president of Faxton St. Luke’s Healthcare.
“We are grateful to have Scott’s vision, leadership and commitment, always working to move our health system to a new level of excellence,” said Joan W. Compson, chair of the MVHS Board of Directors, in a news release. “The opportunity to build a new regional healthcare system for our community was Scott’s vision as well as the boards’ and we are grateful for all he is doing to help make that vision into a reality. We believe finding a new CEO for the system will take some time and we appreciate that we can continue to work with Scott in the months ahead.”
- MVHS president, CEO to retire in 2019
- MVHS chooses new President/CEO
- CABVI announces retirement of president & CEO
- MVHS Purchase option agreement deadline
- MVHS gathers downtown hospital supporters
- CMN 2018 Thanks MVHS Volunteers
- NewsTalk: MVHS Dialysis Job Fair
- MVHS unveils partial hospital site plans
- MVHS staffs interpreters to translate health care
- Perra reflects on tenure at MVHS