UTICA - The new downtown Utica hospital project moved one step forward today.
The New York State Department of Health said on Thursday that the Establishment and Project Review Committee within the Public Health and Health Planning Council (PHHPC) has granted contingent approval for MVHS’s construction application for the new hospital after reviewing MVHS's Certificate of Need. Contingencies for the approval include a demonstration of site control and of financing for the hospital’s share of the construction cost.
MVHS submitted its 400+ page Certificate of Need application back in November, and at that time, the Health System had to have at least 30 percent of its construction drawings completed. The facility is projected to be about 670,000 square feet.
NewsChannel 2 reached out to MVHS for comment on this new delevelopment, and they sent the following statement:
“Today we met with the Establishment and Project Review Committee (EPRC) of the Public Health and Health Planning Council to discuss our Certificate of Need (CON) application for the construction of the new healthcare campus," said MVHS President/CEO Scott Perra in an email statement Friday afternoon. "We are extremely pleased that the EPRC overwhelmingly approved the application today, and this approval keeps us within our original timeline to break ground in 2019. The CON will now go to the full council on Thursday, April 12, 2018.”
The full Council is expected to grant conditional approval at this April 12 meeting.
The deadline for property owners to sign offers to leave the downtown hospital footprint expired a week ago today, and MVHS still won’t say how many signed offers they’ve received.
It’s still unknown who will take the lead in the eminent domain process for property owners who refuse to sell.
- NYS Health Dept. committee grants conditional approval for new hospital construction
- DOJ approves $69B CVS Health-Aetna merger, with conditions
- Report says NY construction fatalities going up
- Congressman Delgado assembles new health committee
- NY Legislature approves bill banning undetectable firearms
- MVHS earns Certificate of Need approval from state for downtown hospital construction
- Construction unions seek NY prevailing wage loophole fix
- Construction-related lane closures suspended for holidays in NY
- NY rejects constitutional convention, approves conservation land bank
- Manhattan tolls, plastic bag ban poised for approval in NY