UTICA, N.Y. – Mohawk Valley Health Systems has released new maternity visitor restriction to keep patients and babies safe during the coronavirus crisis.
Following guidance from the New York State Department of Health, MVHS will allow one support person through labor, delivery and during the immediate post-delivery period.
The support person can be a spouse, partner, sibling, doula or any other friend or family member, but will be the only person allowed to see the patient.
According to MVHS, the support person:
- Must be in good health and cannot be a person under investigation (PUI) for COVID-19 or be COVID-19 positive
- Will be screened for symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g., fever, cough, or shortness of breath) and receive a temperature check every 12 hours
- Must wear a mask, gloves and gown at all times while in the hospital except while bathing and eating
- Must bring everything they will need from home for the duration of their stay
- Is expected to stay in the room with the patient and will not be allowed to come and go.
- Will be allowed to use the patient’s bathroom and shower. In rare occasions, special considerations may need to be made depending on the patient’s condition or room placement
- Will receive complementary food trays provided by Sodexo and MVHS.
Until further notice, MVHS has a no visitor policy in place. For more information, call 315-624-6213.