UTICA, N.Y. – Mohawk Valley Health System is starting the second phase of reopening visitation, by adjusting the hours and changing some of the guidelines.
When phase one of reopening visitation started in June, it was from 3 – 7 p.m. every day.
Now, visiting hours will change to 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. daily starting Monday, Sept. 14.
Below are the updated visitor guidelines for phase two:
- Only one visitor at a time, with a limit of two visitors per two-hour visiting period.
- Visitors will have their temperature taken and be asked screening questions. Those with fevers or who have been recently exposed to COVID-19, will be denied entry. Visitors must follow these safety measures below, or be asked to leave the facility:
- Wear a hospital-provided mask
- Wash hands
- Maintain a distance of six feet from others
- Stay only in patient room or designated visitor areas
- No visitors are yet allowed in the behavioral health units.
- All visitors must be older than 18 or older, except for previously documented exceptions.
With a limited supply of PPE, MVHS will not be expanding visitation to patients who tested positive for COVID-19 or who are under investigation for COVID-19, unless the circumstances meet the exception criteria outlined by the New York State Department of Health.