ALBANY, N.Y. -- Oneida County Sheriff Rob Maciol was elected to yet another office working closely with sheriffs across the state.
The New York State Sheriff's Association conducted elections for its officers at their 85th annual Sheriff's Winter Training Conference that was held in Albany.
During the ceremony, Maciol was sworn in as the president of the association after being elected by the sheriffs of New York.
Oneida County Executive Anthony Picente administered the oath of office to the sheriff and Maciol’s daughter Amanda, held the bible during the swearing-in.
His daighter is a police officer with the city of Utica Police Department.
In this position, Maciol will lead the New York State Sheriff's Association and work closely with all of New York’s sheriffs to provide safety in our region.
- Maciol elected to work closely with sheriffs across New York state
- Sheriff Maciol endorses Picente for re-election
- Oneida County Sheriff Rob Maciol announces re-election bid
- Sheriff Maciol on new gun laws
- Sheriff Rob Maciol talks snowmobile safety as winter weather arrives
- NewsTalk: Sheriff Maciol talks New Year's Eve safety
- Sheriff Maciol : Counting of absentee ballots could take days
- Sheriff Maciol shares 12 Christmas safety tips this holiday season
- Maciol sworn in for third term as Oneida County sheriff
- Oneida Co. Sheriff Rob Maciol recognizes members for last year's successes