ORISKANY, N.Y. -- Oneida County Sheriff Rob Maciol was sworn in Friday for his third term.
Friends and family, along with Utica Mayor Robert Palmieri showed up in support.
Maciol says there have been many accomplishments in 2018, including saving money and increasing efficiency for the correctional facility and the school security initiative.
He says he has a lot of plans and ideas for the year ahead.
“We're going to do anything we can to keep our community safe. We've got some other initiatives planned, increasing training of our members. We've also got some new technology coming out, a whole bunch of things. We've got a lot of moving parts here between the law enforcement division and the corrections division and the civil division,” said Maciol.
Judge Gerry Neri administered the oath of office.
- Maciol sworn in for third term as Oneida County sheriff
- Oneida County Sheriff Rob Maciol announces re-election bid
- Sheriff Maciol on new gun laws
- Sheriff Maciol endorses Picente for re-election
- Oneida Co. Sheriff Rob Maciol recognizes members for last year's successes
- Sheriff Rob Maciol talks snowmobile safety as winter weather arrives
- NewsTalk: Sheriff Maciol talks New Year's Eve safety
- Sheriff Maciol : Counting of absentee ballots could take days
- Sheriff Maciol shares 12 Christmas safety tips this holiday season
- Deputies needed for Oneida County Sheriff's Office