Old Forge biathlete Maddie Phaneuf was set to make her Olympic debut Wednesday morning in the 15K Individual, but due to strong winds the race is postponed until Thursday.
Maddie shared the news on her professional facebook account: "RACE CANCELED!!! Spread the word...sorry everyone! Apparently there are supposed to be strong winds...we will race on THURSDAY at 5:15pm Korean Time (3:15am EST) now :( Not the best for viewing live for everyone back in the USA. Sorry!"
Maddie is now set to compete in the Biathlon 15K Individual on Thursday morning at 3:15 a.m. EST.
- Maddie Phaneuf's Olympic race postponed due to weather
- Old Forge welcomes home Maddie Phaneuf
- When to watch local Olympians Erin Hamlin, Maddie Phaneuf
- Old Forge native Maddie Phaneuf to compete in biathlon Wednesday
- Strep throat takes Maddie Phaneuf out of women's individual biathlon
- Maddie Phaneuf will likely not compete in women's relay biathlon
- Old Forge native Maddie Phaneuf qualifies for U.S. Olympic Biathlon Team
- Maddie Phaneuf to host community reception at McCauley Mountain on Sunday
- NASCAR, IndyCar postpone upcoming races
- What the Truck opening postponed due to rainy Utica weather