BOUCKVILLE, N.Y. -- The 48th annual Madison-Bouckville Antique Week is underway this week. People from around the world came to buy or sell antiques and eat great food. Vendors say that some customers even travel from Australia and France to come to the event.
The event is the largest outdoor antique show in New York State. Over 2,000 vendors are spread across 14 show fields. They're selling home decor, vintage furniture, clothes, and collectibles like records.
We spoke to some of the vendors to learn why they love coming to this event. One antique vendor, Lori Billy-Marnell, said "It's like a little community here now, everybody knows everybody. Once you've been here a few years, you form a very strong bond with people. So it's not just about the antiques and the business".
Not only does the event have some great antique finds, but also they have all types of food vendors and many places to stay for the week. They have plenty of local food stands that sell burgers, tacos, fried dough, and ice cream.
If you would like to go to the antique show, it will held everyday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. until Sunday August 12th. It is located along State Route 20 in Bouckville with numerous parking areas.
- Madison-Bouckville Antique Week is underway this week
- Bouckville hosts 3rd annual Antique Shop Hop
- Severe Thunderstorm hits the towns of Madison and Bouckville
- A closer look at the microburst in Bouckville and Madison
- Antiquing no matter what
- Mug Club: Antique Power Days
- UFD revamping antiquated Book of Rules
- Mug Club: Antique Tractor and Power Show
- Annual Canal Celebration underway this week in Little Falls
- Whitesboro police investigating break-ins at Potting Shed Antiques