UTICA, N.Y. -- Many families came out to enjoy the magic of the Polar Express Thursday evening, and many did so in their pajamas.
The two-hour trip took the kids from Union Station all the way to the North Pole with cookies and hot chocolate.
Santa then got on the train himself to give out jingle bells. Actors put on a show, re-enacting scenes from the movie, The Polar Express.
Everyone on board was encouraged to wear their pajamas, as the event only has about a week left to go.
"It was fun going on the Polar Express. Just all the excitement and everybody laughing and having fun,” a train rider said.
"Come out and get on there's only a week left,” said the actor that plays hero boy from the Polar Express.
The last day to enjoy this fun Christmas event is December 22. You can purchase your tickets by phone, online, or at the station.
- Magic of Utica's Polar Express coming to final stretch this Christmas season
- UPDATE: Utica's Polar Express has been hacked
- Movin' Mondays: Stretching
- Movin' Mondays Twisting Stretch
- Magical season comes to an end for Holland Patent football team
- Polar vortex: Your questions answered
- Movin' Mondays Chest and Leg Stretch
- Utica College Sports Dome Finally Inflated
- Utica School Board final election results
- Utica explodes for 3 goals in second period to beat Wilkes in regular season finale, crowned UCHC regular season champs