Richfield Springs, N.Y. -- Ten people were injured during a multi-car accident on State Route 20 in Richfield Springs on Friday afternoon.
The Otsego County Sheriff tells NEWSChannel 2 that a NY State Fire vehicle, traveling East along Main Street was involved in four separate incidents where a total of seven vehicles were damaged. The pickup truck came to a rest on the steps of the post office on Route 20.
Main Street is closed from the intersection of Route 20 and Route 28 to Manley Street where the Dollar General is located.
The road will be closed until sometime on Saturday as investigators work to reconstruct the accident.
Otsego County Sheriff Richard Devlin tells NEWSChannel 2 he does not believe the injuries to the ten people sent to various hospitals are life threatening.
Stay with NewsChannel 2 for more information on this story as it develops.
- Main Street in Richfield Springs shut down after multi-vehicle crash
- Conclusion coming in Richfield Springs crash involving state fire vehicle
- Veterans honored at Richfield Springs Central School
- Parking advisory in Richfield Springs through Tuesday
- Richfield Springs man facing felony charge for allegedly punching TV
- A Richfield Springs B&B Chimney fire spreads to attic
- Richfield Springs: Council members and public discuss land ordinance
- 2 men accused of burglarizing Richfield Springs liquor store
- Richfield Springs man arrested on child porn charges
- Richfield Springs students learn responsibility at a young age