MARSHALL – Fire officials say a malfunctioning wood stove was the cause of the fire that killed a 69-year-old woman in the town of Marshall on Sunday.
Just before 7 a.m. Sunday, crews responded to a house fire at 2282 Brothertown Road in Marshall, and upon arrival they found a father and son trying to get inside to save their wife and mother. Deansboro Fire Chief Chris Steinmann says the fire was initially reported as a barn fire, but upon arrival crews found that it was a house and more backup was called.
When crews arrived the first floor of the home was fully involved with flames and they were unable to get inside to save Mary Lou Buschor, who died from her injuries. Buschor’s husband is currently being treated for burns and smoke inhalation.
A GoFundMe page has been set up to help the family pay for funeral and medical expenses, and clothing donations are also being solicited as well. For more information about how you can help, click here.